Of course, nothing ever works out exactly as planned. When we measured the position for the joist hangers, we used a scrap piece of lumber from the 16' long 2'x12'. We assumed it was exactly the same width as the 20' long 2'x12's, but turns out, they're 1/4" wider!!! So we had to shim all of the 18' spans to get them flush for the trex boards...
a minor inconvenience, really. and if this is the biggest glitch we face in this project, we're doing OK!
Taking in the view from the new (half-finished) deck! We'll be working again tomorrow...
Thanks for all your help today, Alex. We couldn't have done it without an extra set of hands!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment